Pinellas Native Bobby Finke wins Gold at Olympics

By Published On: July 29th, 2021

Pinellas Native Bobby Finke wins Gold at the Olympics!

Published on 07/29/21: While 99% of the time I provide activity ideas, the other 1% is reserved for when (ie) Pinellas locals win Gold in the Olympics!! Congratulations to Bobby Finke, winner of the men’s 800-meter freestyle overnight!!!

My 6yr old and I have had lots of fun researching the Pinellas Olympic athletes! We would love for you to follow along with us on Instagram and Facebook!

Bobby is a Clearwater native, North Shore Aquatics swimmer and former swimmer at Countryside High School! He won dramatic fashion overnight. After 7 minutes, Bobby was in 4th place into the final lap where he found another gear and overtook all three other swimmers! Here’s the YouTube video. You at least have to watch the last two laps to see the distance he closed:

North Shore Aquatic Complex

Bobby has spent much of his time swimming/competing at the North Shore Aquatic Complex in St Pete! When Covid hit and North Shore pool closed, Bobby swam between sandbars in Tampa Bay to continue his training. 🏊‍♂️ Many of you may know his dad, Joe Finke, as he’s a coach for St Pete Aquatics and has been for a number of years!

From a local article from @WFLA earlier this week from when Bobby swam in the Olympic qualifiers, breaking an American record to earn his spot in last night’s finals. The pictures in this post are from the WFLA article. Pictures they took recently at the North Shore pool in St Pete as locals like you showed their support!

“Super proud, I’m going to cry,” Bobby’s dad Joe Finke muttered with tears down his face just moments after his son broke the American record. […] Finke’s parents said the 21-year-old spent most of his swimming career at North Shore Aquatic Complex in St. Petersburg.“

📸 Credit WFLA News Channel 8

I’m a St Petersburg Realtor, with over 25K people following my LovingStPete Guide on social media! You’ll receive up to $10K at closing when you use my LovingStPete Team to buy or sell a property! My past includes developing a vacation rental advertising business that I ran for more than a decade, then sold to HomeAway/VRBO. I’d love to help you buy or sell a property, simply contact me.

Share this article

Written by : St Petersburg Realtor, Mike Braswell

Mike Braswell is a Tampa Bay Realtor, serving St Petersburg, Clearwater, all nearby beaches and more. Mike started LovingStPete in October of 2020 after a difficult year took its toll on local businesses. After being cooped up for portions of 2020 (lockdown) Mike and his son decided to get out and explore, helping spread the good word about the local area he loves so much. Often even doing gift card giveaways to support local. LovingStPete is now followed by over 48 thousand people on social media! The majority of posts are informative on fun parks, activities, day trips, great restaurants, and in general provide a comprehensive tour of the area!

Soon after receiving his bachelors in Management Information Systems, Mike developed and then operated a vacation rental advertising business for 10+ years as CEO/Owner. The business was eventually acquired by VRBO. Mike has earned the trust of many large clients over the years. Such as NFL, Wynn Resorts, Blue Cross Blue Shield, VISA, Genuine Parts Company (NAPA Auto Parts), AT&T, and other Fortune 500 companies.

When not spending time with his beautiful wife and energetic son, Mike enjoys boating and is also an avid tennis player. An interesting fact about Mike is that he grew up on an avocado farm with over 15 varieties, some of which you can find in our local Publix/Winn Dixie as his dad still farms the same farm at 87 years old!

Leave A Comment

Follow us

Contact Us

Contact Page
Latest articles